GLAZING OF COVIDI
In every solid optician shop should be able to mount your prescription lenses into CoViDi frames
It is highly recommended to have a face-to-face consultation with a specialist about a appropriate type of lenses that would be put in, eventually.
In general, plastic lenses with anti-reflection coating are the best and the safest option( CR 39, polycarbonate or Trivex).
We do not recommend inserting mineral lenses!
In case you were rejected by your optician, do not hesitate and contact us! There is always a possibility to get it done directly by our competent staff at Optika Policar.
If by any chance, a customer came with a CoVidi clip to your shop, we have piece of advice to make work easier for you in order to grind in lenses with confidence
1) The Frames are made by 3D printing from a Nylon 12 material. Generally, you can handle the material similarily as frames made of millet acetate, They can be heated and shaped over the optical heater at temperatures around 70°C. Burner or any other open fire is not suitable for use.
2) prescription lenses are to be inserted from the BACK of the frame, not the front as usual. Lenses ought to be inserted easily without any heating . If necessary, frame could be mildly heated.
3) Putting in mineral lenses is not appropriate due to the nature of the use of lenses in safety mask.
4) We recommend centering the lenses with the glasses in the mask directly on the wearer's face.Pay attention to the recalculation of the dioptrical figure due to the distance from the eyes
5) If the frame causes any pain or pressure to the wearer, we recommend to bend the frame's bridge after heating
6) If you have any question about grinding or centration, contact us.